Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thoughts on Thanksgiving: Part One

So who's having that traditional turkey next Thursday?




Not me of course but the video didn't change my mind. I haven't eaten turkey at for about 3 years now. I think most people would agree that the way animals are treated is just plain wrong but no one wants to see it. We choose to ignore the things we feel we can't do anything about.

I don't think this video or any of the others out there are a rare find, this is the norm, this is how these chicks are treated. Honestly I wasn't able to watch the whole thing but I have seen a chick hatchery on How Its Made and was very disturbed to see how these tiny living creatures were just tossed around by man and machine.

Honestly do you think this is how the Native Americans treated their turkeys?

Read more about the investigation here.

Other resources:

No comments: