Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Red Tent

It's been awhile since I've read anything for me, for enjoyment, for the joy of just relaxing with a good book. Sure I read all the time but its usually a self help book, natural health, homeschool or an altered art book. Not something I usually curl up with at the end of the day or when I want some time in my day to just be. Reading a book from cover to cover from the beginning to the end is rare, for many years now its been bits and pieces here and there.

I didn't realize how much I actually missed having a good book to read, something to look forward to until a friend lent me The Red Tent yesterday at the park. I'll be honest its probably not something I ever would have picked up on my own but when someone seems to be so moved by the words on the pages and you hear from others how wonderful something is, well it peaks your curiosity. In less then 24 hours I have read over 80 pages which probably isn't that much for alot of you but for me its a big deal. So I'm off to snuggle up with my blanket and my book and relax for the rest of the night.


1 comment:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Isn't it great to get back into reading. It sounds like that book is really holding your attention. I may have to put it on my list :)