Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So I hear we are demented, huh?

If you haven't already heard the latest buzz then let me fill you in. Apparently Joy Beher called homeschoolers "demented" during a discussion on The View yesterday.

Well of course us demented homeschooling families don't like to be labeled or called names so what do we do best? We blog, we tweet, we discuss and make light of it and laugh. What else can you do, right? Laugh at the ignorance of those who just don't "get it" and move on. I don't let what others think get to me, well maybe for a brief moment I do but in the end I know that my choice (yes its a choice) to homeschool my children is what is best for us.

There are so many people who homeschool for so many different reasons, you can't lump us into one group and start calling us names, that just doesn't make sense now does it?

Anyway below is the video of the show and you can also see what people are saying on Twitter but searching #theviewhs



The discussion starts at the 5:45 min. mark.
Joy calls homeschoolers "demented" shortly after the 7:08 min. mark


You can also read what the HSLDA has to say about all of this by visiting Extraordinarily Ordinary's blog.

2 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

I love your blog. And your header is BEAUTIFUL. It makes me wish for July again. :) Nice to have met you, even if it's over this silly "demented" stuff. :)

The Four Week Vegan said...

I totally agree with you. Really you have to consider the source here too. If this was my dh saying it I would take it totally differently, but Joy Behar - give me a break!